Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dinner- Evening Adventures

Sunday Afternoon/ Night 

Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Michael, and Aunt Lisa headed out to watch the baseball team in Myrtle Beach play.  We didn't figure Sophie would last sitting still through that so we spent a good portion of the afternoon in the pool and taking a nap.   Afterwards we met up with the four of them for dinner at Planet Hollywood.   

After dinner we went to Broadway at the Beach and All of us rode the Carousel but Grandpa.  




Then Uncle Michael and Aunt Lisa helped Sophie feed the fish....





To finish up the evening we headed to Ben and Jerry's for an Ice Cream treat.  Later that evening after Sophie went to bed, Michael, Lisa, Bob and I took a walk on the beach and saw a beautiful moon and listened to the waves hit the sand.  While Grandma and Grandpa relaxed.




Monday Night
We went to Chesnut Hill....we had a really nice meal here and the food was delicious.  The guys had steaks, while Grandma had Oysters, and Lisa and I had pasta dishes, while Sophie had baked Macaroni and Cheese.  While we ate our dinner we were able to see the lake where there was a crocodile lingering looking for his dinner.  There were also turtles and birds to watch.  


Then we went putt putt golfing which everyone enjoyed including Sophie.. she threw the balls onto the green...after awhile though I took her to the car because she refused to sit in her stroller any longer...and she behaved so well up until that point I could not have asked for anything more.  Later Michael and Lisa went out to a local Ice Cream shop and brought us all back Ice Cream Sundaes oh and a chocolate shake for Daddy.  They were delicious!!





Tuesday Afternoon- Night

That afternoon all of us but Grandpa went downtown Myrtle Beach since he had a sinus infection to check out the shops and walk around.  I bought Sophie and I Myrtle Beach shirts, and early that afternoon Grandma and I painted Sophie a little keepsake Beach chair for her shelf here at home.  Aunt Lisa was on the hunt for an I heart MB shirt, but never found one and Grandma picked up a sun visor for herself and a baseball cap for Grandpa.  Other that that we had funnel cakes for a snack and headed back to pick up Grandpa for dinner.















We went to a Brazilian Steakhouse.   For anyone that has ever eaten at one of these places you know when I say boy was that a lot of meat.   No joke, Michael, Lisa, Bob and I tried 11+ types of meat.  They bring it to the tables and carve it off for you.  We had many variations of Pork, Beef, Chicken, and lastly we all tasted Grilled Pineapple.  Over two hours later we were finally through and to say the least they almost had to roll us out the door.  Mom and Dad got their dinner off the regular menu- note Dad was extremely happy to eat his steak... 

Once they were finished they kept Sophie coloring and I do believe they had a good time watching us indulge in the meat buffet.