Sunday, August 21, 2011

BOSS RUN

Over the past weekend Bob and I ran the Big Orange Shoe Shop Race in my hometown.  It was my first race, and Bob's first race since he ran cross country almost 16 years ago.  I know he is dating himself, however it was a huge accomplishment for both of us.  He ran the 10K along with one of his friends Doug pushing a double jogging stroller, while I ran the 2.4 mile along with one of my childhood friends Andrea.






Finished the 2.4 mile run in 22.05 a Personal record for me and got to run along beside one of my good friends Andrea who finished in 22.04.6. I finished 4th and she finished 3rd in our age group out of 9 runners but were 49th and 50th out of 96 woman runners.

Bob finished the 10 K in 52.07 and Doug finished in 52.06.6 they placed 27th and 28th out of 45 guys.  Bob was pleased with his run.


Here are our cheerleaders..




My next run will probably be a 5K and I'm hoping I can get Bob to run along side of me on that one.