Friday, July 13, 2012

Vacation Bible School

This summer I was asked to help with vacation bible school and decided to take Sophie along.

She had so much fun, dancing and singing the songs with her little friends.

She also loved doing crafts...















listening to bible stories....


















and eating snacks.



She was not a huge fan of the games.


I cannot blame her it was hot, and a little disorganized to say the least with preschoolers.  So half way through the week I suggested duck duck goose, red rover, and a few of the simpler games...and they loved it.


For crafts, she made a little boat, a picture frame, and foil fish painting, a survival vest and a moose handprint t-shirt.


Bible stories I wondered if she actually got anything out of them, but when I asked her she could tell me parts of what had been said I was impressed.


At the end of the week I put her to bed and we said prayers like normal.  At the end she started thanking God for Carolyn, Kayla, Miss Marybeth, and Bible Skhool.










So even though it was a hectic week with 18 preschoolers I am very pleased to know that Sophie got something out of it and when I stop and think about it I did too..an awesome week with God and watching my daughter learn and grow in her faith.