Monday, July 25, 2011

21 MONTHS

Every month Sophie seems to be growing at least an inch or more.  It might be Mommy's imagination but somehow I doubt it.   Over the past month Sophie has become so much more fluent in her speaking abilities.  She is starting to form two to three word sentences in which we can understand her, and knows when to use please and thank you.  Some examples of sentences are...over there....stop it (bopit)...I did it...no way..shoes on..shoes off..

We have no developed a love for eating apples whole.  Forget about me cutting them into slices..she wants to hold the whole apple and take bites out of it...a few times she's been able to eat the majority of it.  She has also recently decided she like rice and frozen peas, and still I believe her favorite foods are cheese and peanut butter.

Her running abilities have improved over the last month and she has only wiped out once on the sidewalk skinning her knees recently.  She really is not a fan of bandaids even though they have Curious George on them...I think she sees them more as stickers.

Curious George still seems to be her absolute favorite with Clifford being a second favorite..thanks to Kohl's we now have our very own Clifford the Big Red Dog.

A few weeks ago she took her first shower with me and loved it....Bob was not home and I did not trust her while I showered after a run so she joined me and all she could say was "rain Mommy."  She is so fascinated with water it is not even funny, sometimes we start her bath 45 minutes before bed just so she can get enough swimming in and get washed up.

She is now quite the little singer...when I sing a song to her, she sings along and it really does sound like she is singing and she sometimes does the hand motions too...She loves the Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, This Little Light of Mine, ABC's, You are My Sunshine.  I can hardly sing because I'm trying not to laugh at how cute this really is.  I'm going to try to capture video soon to share with you all.

She is also finally able to say her name and it really does sound like Sophie....in addition to counting to five....she isn't really consistent with that yet, but she does do 1,2,3 pretty well I think it's cause she has heard me count when she is into something she should not be or is not listening.

We are really enjoying this age with her even though there are trying terrible almost 2 moments.  Such as whining, using the word No and pointing at us, and testing our patience we do realize there will be great days, and there will be days where timeout is used more than once but she is still sweet 90% of the time which we feel fortunate for.