She is starting to try to form sentences when she talks, some sound like sentences others are her own little language. The first sentence I've heard her say is "I did that!" She is also starting to assert her independence by saying no.. so far we are able to curb that by counting to 3. Funny thing is she has learned how to count to three herself..I say "one", and then she says "two"..hard not to laugh...but when I get to three if she has not calmed down or came to me, she gets to sit on my lap and be restrained until she cooperates..normally only takes about two minutes.
As far a food goes the newest development there is dipping her hot dog and meatballs in ketchup. She has also started eating cereal with milk, and is able to get the spoon to her mouth pretty much by herself without making too big of a mess. She still loves mac n cheese, veggies, and fruit.
The few warm days we've had and been able to be outside she's had an absolute blast...she loves swinging..riding in the jogging stroller and wagon, and playing in our yard and at the park. Hard to get her back in the house afterwards.
Sophie also had her first official play date last Sunday with our friends from work's daughter Teagan. Teagan is about six months younger than Sophie, so in another few months they will be more at the same level activity wise and be able to interact more... Sophie loved her though and just called her "baby."




